× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Performance degrades rapidly with uptime

dondale
Aspirant

Performance degrades rapidly with uptime

Nighthawk Mesh MK63 system. Two satellites, both wired. I posted this in a different thread, but this seems to be a different issue so I don't want to hijack the other thread.

My wireless and wired speeds degrade rapidly with router uptime. Router has been up since yesterday afternoon. I just used the Nighthawk app to test internet speed, got 24.59 Mbps download. Turned off wifi on my phone and turned it back on. Tested again, got 24.91 Mbps. Rebooted the router, tested again. Got 748.55 Mbps down on a fresh reboot (and about 43 up, which is double what it had been before the reboot). But download speed will be back down in the teens or 20's by this evening, I'm sure.

Any troubleshooting assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
dondale
Aspirant

Just tested early the next morning after the previous message, again using the Nighthawk app. Nobody else using devices in the household, I got 169 Mbps down and 24 up; much better than I've been getting, but still about 1/4 of the speed that I get if I reboot the router.

Message 2 of 7
dondale
Aspirant

Tested again from the same location 8 hours later. No significant load on network. 21 Mbps down, 22 up. Something's wrong, would certainly appreciate some support!

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dondale, 

Hope all is well! May you let us know what firmware version the devices are currently on. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
dondale
Aspirant

As far as I can tell, everything is on 1.0.3.86.

Message 5 of 7
dondale
Aspirant

Re firmware version: There's a message alerting me of a firmware upgrade available to 1.0.3.846; when I go through that process, the Nighthawk app shows the process as successful, but then shows the current version as 1.0.3.86 with an upgrade available to 1.0.3.846. Don't know if that's useful.

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dondale, 

Thanks for getting back. I have sent you a message. 

Christian

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7