Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Remove Satellite (Old / Replaced)

Anonymous517
Aspirant

Remove Satellite (Old / Replaced)

Currently it is impossible to remove an old / replaced / disconnected satellite from the Nighthawk Network Map / Connected Devices page. Using the Nighthawk app with the MK83 system (1x MR80 router and 2x MS80 satellites) - system is up and running with no issues but I had to replace a dead original satellite - it still shows as disconnected in the network map (app) and there is no option to remove it. There is also no option to remove an old/disconnected satellite from the device login page (via IP address) - it shows the disconnected device but there is no option to edit or remove it. The app needs an update to resolve this. I am currently using the latest version of the nighthawk app (2.21.1.354), latest firmware version on all 3 devices (V1.1.7.14). Please fix this and add a remove / edit option.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Remove Satellite (Old / Replaced)

If there is no remove button on the MRs web page, then try a full on factory reset and setup from scratch with the MR then this should remove the bad MS and just add the new MS. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping once completed. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous517
Aspirant

Instead of re-setting up my entire network from scratch it would be very easy for Netgear to just add the same feature they have for all of their devices (including Orbi).. makes zero sense that one product line / app would have the ability to just select and remove a disconnected satellite and another product which is very similar would not... It's a bug / missing feature. Why have it for some and not for others? And it doesn't make sense that a user would be required to set their network up from scratch if they want to remove an old / replaced device... Also I had a bad unit that got replaced (RMA) so I no longer have the device - it doesn't make sense that you would need the dead device in order to remove it.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Something that NG will have to look into and make the change. 

You can post about this here top let them know about your grievance:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7