Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Router keeps rebooting - Nighthawk MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh

msglenn2581
Follower

Router keeps rebooting - Nighthawk MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh

I have had the Nighthawk MR60 router and MS60 Satellite for about a year now. Product name Nighthawk AX1800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (2-Pack), Model MK62-100NAS. The firmware is updated and current(v1.1.6.122).

Over the past few months the router will simply reboot when there is too much traffic. Anytime we have multiple TV's streaming and a phone or tablet going it will reset. Or if I am downloading a large file like a new game or something to the computer or to the PS5.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this issue in settings or if it is a issue with the model I have.

I thought maybe I had too many devices connected to the 5Ghz bandwidth but it usually isn't more than 10 devices total. I also can't get the network to broadcast a selectable bandwidth so I can't choose which my devices connect to.

Any help is apprieciated. I don't have to have to buy a new system as this is happening serveral times a day.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is working before last FW update? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

Message 2 of 4
Digs72
Aspirant

Firmware Version V1.1.6.122_2.0.58

Modem: Motoral MB7420

Home is 2000 square feet

Distance between Mr and MS is 40-50 feet

Message 3 of 4
darkavich
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem. I see it when I stream youtube or other service. I think this equipment just can't hand the traffic. Di you get a resolution to your problem or did you replace your system.

Thanks,

-Steve

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7