× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Smart Connect

milkjug
Aspirant

Smart Connect

Hello, I have had an issue with smart connect for a while now and it won't let me turn it off. I read the official post by Netgear on how to enable/disable it however that option doesn't come up on the web-based interface or even the app anymore. I have fully factory reset the router and satellite multiple times and it still only has one SSID broadcasting. It is broadcasting the default SSID but no longer both 2.4ghz and 5ghz like it should at initial setup. Even the app doesnt show two differnent SSIDs anymore

Troubleshooting I've done:

I have tried the newest firmware and then uploaded another one to see if that would help and it did not.

I have factory reset using the button on the router and through the web client twice each. 

Reset the nighthawk app that i initially set up the "Smart connect" up on.
Factory reset using the 30-30-30 method

MR60

Firmware: v.1.0.6.102

Any help would be apprecaiteed on how to get this back to normal.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Smart Connect

The KB article does not apply to the Netgear Nighthawk Mesh system, all these Mesh systems only run on a single SSID for all bands - this is the one and only normal operation mode. The same applies to the Netgear Orbi and Orbi Pro systems, and many more industry standard WiFi Mesh systems, too.

What issue are you trying to resolve?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7