× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Unable to sync Netgear MS60 Satellite to MR60

eferns96
Follower

Unable to sync Netgear MS60 Satellite to MR60

Hi Community,

I need some help with fixing my MS60 Satellite. I think I have tried every step with getting my MS60 to sync with MR60

At the moment when I power on the MS60 Satellite it will blink white and then go solid red. I read somewhere that sold red is an indicated that the device is bricked or the firmware is corrupted. I have tried flashing the device but it still results in the same scenario.

Both the router and satellite have the same firmware - V1.1.7.134_2.0.65

Do i just bite the bullet and buy a new satellite ?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to sync Netgear MS60 Satellite to MR60

Bring the MS to same room as the MR. Factory reset the MS and MR. Wait about 3-5 minutes with out doing anything to the MR. The MS should auto sync to the MRs default SSID broadcast and turn BLUE in front LED. If this happens walk thru the MRs setup wizard using a wired PC and web browser: https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface

Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to sync Netgear MS60 Satellite to MR60

@eferns96

At the moment when I power on the MS60 Satellite it will blink white and then go solid red. I read somewhere that sold red is an indicated that the device is bricked or the firmware is corrupted.

Where was that "somewhere"? That's not what the manual says for satellites.

Amber (easily confused with red) means:

The satellite failed to sync with the router. Move your satellite closer to the router (or closer to your other satellite if you own more than one satellite).

Did you go through the rest of the manual?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot

I have tried flashing the device but it still results in the same scenario.

You don't say how you are "flashing", but with luck you haven't done any permanent damage. This isn't something to dash into until you have exhausted all possibilities.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7