Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Using new firmware on MESH: no smooth upgrade

jwknop
Aspirant

Using new firmware on MESH: no smooth upgrade

Hi,

I would like to know how the community experience is on upgrading firmware versions on router/satelite configurations like the MK62 (MS60 + 2x MR60)? I've had these Route/Satelites for some time now and have upgraded a couple of times by now. But every single upgrade it doesn't run smoothly.

This time I upgraded to 1.1.6.124. Satelites first, one by one. No problem after satelite upgrades, both sync with router (that was still on 1.1.6.122). Then upgrade the router. The router upgrade itself was done quick enough. But after that the satelites link was gone. And they just could not sync. Instructions then say: take the satelites closer to the router and try again. The locations where the satelites are in my house I've used for more then a year..... Only ofter several resets and resync's the satelites are connected again. 

As far as I can tell, the above procedure (satelites before router) is what the user manual says. So why do I have this hassle every time again?

Regards.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Using new firmware on MESH: no smooth upgrade

You shouldn't need to. 

I rarely factory reset mine. 

The only time is if there's an issue after an upgrade and that's pretty rare. 

Not sure what's going on exactly with yours that you're needing the factory reset. Might be a good idea to make a backup so reinstalling goes quicker. 

Message 2 of 3
jwknop
Aspirant

Re: Using new firmware on MESH: no smooth upgrade

Thanks for the reply. With reset I meant turning off/on power. Not factory reset. My mistake. But then your reply indicates more or less the same experience as mine that after upgrades there can be issues. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7