Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

WiFi access is not working after power/hydro down and up

mehmetakalin
Aspirant

WiFi access is not working after power/hydro down and up

Hello,

I have NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh System WiFi 6 Router and its firmware release is V1.1.6.124_2.0.59 (latest). Wireless appliances (mobile phones, smart bulbs, smart cameras, etc.) cannot able to connect after power/hydro down and up. I reset all Mesh System and I reconfigured. I've got same solution. No connection. I just figured out a temporary solution. It is the changing SSID name to different and the changing it back. After that all devices are connecting successfully.
So, is anybody explain why the problem happens. Is it firmware issue? I appreciate all answers.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WiFi access is not working after power/hydro down and up

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network

Hope hydro/water wasn't involved here. 

Message 2 of 3
mehmetakalin
Aspirant

Re: WiFi access is not working after power/hydro down and up

Hi FURRYe38,
Thanks for replying. I did all your suggestions, previously. My NETGEAR Mesh System model is Nighthawk MR60 and it has latest firmware version. I have wired connection with network switch on my LAN, too and any wired device is not being affected when power down and up which means it is not related Internet or WAN connection. I am IT Network Engineer and I am checking every single point of LAN and router. I am using Fiber modem for accessing Internet and my ISP is strong enough to provide Internet connection. This problem is affecting just wireless devices and I have a temporary solution which I explained, previous message. My Mesh System and router's power is supporting by APC power backup unit for protecting spikes, but wireless devices doesn't have. My opinion is a bug on NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh router's firmware release and it needs to be fixed. I already informed them and am waiting their feedback.
Thanks again,

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7