× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Wifi6 mesh storage router with satellites?

TRN1062
Follower

Wifi6 mesh storage router with satellites?

Currently have a CENTRIA WNDR4700 With Both An Internal and an External USB drive the 10 TB External I have Setup for and use as backup and NAS storage for my home network a for my family's use. The Internal disk I managed to get a 3 TB HD to be recognized and work so I use that for my private NAS and backup. 

Is there an wifi 6 mesh option or product I can upgrade to that will support such a setup or similar? I can accept If nly The external is available or maybe a true NAS device but unless I am wrong the router and or satellites would need to have either USB or ethernet ports to connect the external drive or NAS device to. I have not found an option in the options I've seen so far that would support such asetup. Have I missed the product that would I want to upgrade to mesh preferably wifi6 as I am trying to resolve weak signal areas and performance issues due to my wife working from home and the more extreme requirements that entails. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

T.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi6 mesh storage router with satellites?

I'd used a similar setup at one point. But moving to an actual nas or even an old computer setup to run as a nas/server works much better. You have higher speeds and more options for the nas. I'd highly recommed going that router versus trying to setup a router with multiple attached storage devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi6 mesh storage router with satellites?

I'd used a similar setup at one point. But moving to an actual nas or even an old computer setup to run as a nas/server works much better. You have higher speeds and more options for the nas. I'd highly recommed going that router versus trying to setup a router with multiple attached storage devices. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7