Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Xfinity Streaming App on Firestick4k

Rick1953
Follower

Xfinity Streaming App on Firestick4k

I have been using my new MR60 for about six months now. I use a Firestick 4k and the Xfinity Streaming Application, so I don't have to rent Xfinity cable boxes. I have noticed that often the streaming app freezes or the wi-fi signal drops out all together and the Firestick displays a black screen that states there is no wi-fi connection. My router is less than ten feet away but i have a satellite that is in another room. Does any device connect directly to the router or does everything connect to the satellite? How can I check if it is the Firestick, Xfinity Streaming App, or the MR60 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 system?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Xfinity Streaming App on Firestick4k

Thats a challenging one because it could a number of things. 

1. it could be interference on the wifi. Try changing what channels you're using for wifi (on the router)

2. it could be the firestick connecting to 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz is much slower and sensitive to interference. 

3. it could be the stick not connecting to the router and connecting to the satellite. Easiest way to check that is to just power off the satellite so the stick can only connect to router (for testing). 

4. it could be the app is garbage. do any other devices have issues like that? Do any other apps on the firestick have issues or just that app? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7