Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

can I combine Nighthawk R7000 with Nighthawk AX1800 to expand my wifi in my house

sketchdoctor
Aspirant

can I combine Nighthawk R7000 with Nighthawk AX1800 to expand my wifi in my house

I have a CenturyLink C3000A router connected to a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 router in my house. Is it possible to connect a Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 system (AX1800) to one of the above to expand my system in my house? If so, what would I have to do to make that work. Illustrations would be helpful.

Thank-you!

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can I combine Nighthawk R7000 with Nighthawk AX1800 to expand my wifi in my house

No. Would only work as a separate wifi system.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: can I combine Nighthawk R7000 with Nighthawk AX1800 to expand my wifi in my house

Are you looking at adding the mesh "system" or a mesh extender? 

they're 2 different things. 

You can add a mesh system but it won't integrate with your current setup. 

A mesh extender could be added to either but if you're wanting more than 1 extender, then the system option is better. 

Message 3 of 6
sketchdoctor
Aspirant

Thank-you for the info. I bought it thinking I could extend what I have in place so I could connect in my garage(that's attached) and in my backyard patio area while we're drinking our coffee. I guess I have bought it for nothing a year ago so I'm stuck with it. Oh well, lesson learned.

Message 4 of 6
sketchdoctor
Aspirant

Ok thank-you!

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

What kit do you have? 

You could always go ISP gateway---->mesh system

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7