Re: R7000 firmware

bugeek
Luminary

I was working with Netgear on a case for this issue. They've released a new version 1.0.9.88. It addresses "stability" issues. Has anyone tried it?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 26 of 38
spcrick
Luminary

i tried it for a 2-3 days. at first it seems a lot better than 66 and 60 in terms of stability. but since i was working from home for the week, my vpn wqs disconnecting here and there. though the connection would resume itself unlike the previous versions where i needed to restart the router to work again but i decided to just go back to 42 and its probably the most stable version.
Message 27 of 38
SF520
Luminary

How do I revert back to the former firmware before this latest disastrous firmware??? I am so dependent on this router...it’s totally unresponsive, even to a hard reset!
Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 28 of 38
SF520
Luminary

Please!! How do I revert back to the previous firmware?! This update has made my R7000 useless! I depend on this router for some important things, and I am no expert—I know a little—I just want to go back!!
Message 29 of 38
spcrick
Luminary

you go to netgears website and download the previous firmwares. then you logon to your router and where you would manually update the firmware, you select the older firmware file to update.
Message 30 of 38
Global_Saffer
Luminary

C'mon Netgear. How about a little movement here?

Message 31 of 38
sanman202
Luminary

Yeah I've never seen such lack of care from a company that's been around like they have and are also still operating. Does anyone reply from there? This will stick in the memory.
Message 32 of 38
SF520
Luminary

Thanks, I’ll try. (In thinking thru this, re: downloading, is there a specific directory/file I should save this to? How does the router “know” where to look? The router was not communicating with the computer despite best efforts.
Message 33 of 38
lancer1991
Luminary

I don't know if firmware recently updated but as of yesterday LAN connection are not stable. Have laptop plugged in and it goes in and out every 5-10 seconds. I tried doing a reset today thinking something messed up but didn't fix it. Wifi seems stable though.

On V1.4.1.42_1.3.4
Message 34 of 38
antinode
Guru

> [...] re: downloading, is there a specific directory/file I should
> save this to? How does the router "know" where to look? [...]

You can save the downloaded firmware kit (and extract its contents)
anywhere you want.  The router has no idea where that is; you need to
tell it.  The router's Firmware Update/Upgrade page should offer a
"Browse..." control which lets you find/specify that place.

> [...] The router was not communicating with the computer despite best
> efforts.

> [...] it's totally unresponsive, even to a hard reset!

Those non-descriptions convey no useful information to me.  As usual,
showing actual actions with their actual results (error messages, LED
indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

If there was a failure when you updated the firmware, then you may
see a flashing Power indicator.  In such a case, all router functions
may fail, and you might be a candidate for the TFTP recovery scheme.
See, for example:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1622096#M102004

Message 35 of 38
IrvSp
Master

@lancer1991 wrote:
I don't know if firmware recently updated but as of yesterday LAN connection are not stable. Have laptop plugged in and it goes in and out every 5-10 seconds. I tried doing a reset today thinking something messed up but didn't fix it. Wifi seems stable though.

On V1.4.1.42_1.3.4

You are on an R8000P, not the subject router here, an R7000.

May have nothing to do with what this thread is about.

Start a new thread please. List the router, f/w, and the problem description with your wired connection. Laptop specifications too, and what OS and if there was new s/w installed on it at around the same time. Suspect is Windows 10 and some fixes were released Tuesday. Could very well be you need a new network adapter driver,

Message 36 of 38
gwool52
Luminary

Where can I find the down grade to V.42 thanks

Message 37 of 38
sanman202
Luminary

No more worries about using .42 firmware for me. I finally dumped Netgear. I went to Google Nest WiFi. It's been awesome so far. No more Netgear ever!!
Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E