× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ATT/Cisco Wireless DVR won't stay connected to my R8000 Nighthawk AC3200. What do I do?

jsmorris5390
Tutor

ATT/Cisco Wireless DVR won't stay connected to my R8000 Nighthawk AC3200. What do I do?

I wanted better Wifi coverage so I swapped out the ATT WAP with my Nighthwak AC3200.  I reprogrammed the Nighthawk with the same ID and password as what the WAP was so the swap would be easy and I'd not have to redo every device in the house.  All the wireless devices connected seamlessly with the exception of the ATT/Cisco (ISB7005) Wireless Internet Protocol Set Top Box (aka wireless DVR).  After 20 seconds, the picture freezes and then after another 10 seconds I get the Signal Lost screen.  I tried using the WPS button on the Nighthawk as well as hard reboots of the Wireless DVR (3 times).  Each time, the same results.  Suggestions on what to do next?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: ATT/Cisco Wireless DVR won't stay connected to my R8000 Nighthawk AC3200. What do I do?

I could be wrong by my understanding of the att wireless dvr's is that they have to connect to the ATT WAP to function properly. 

Message 2 of 3
jsmorris5390
Tutor

Re: ATT/Cisco Wireless DVR won't stay connected to my R8000 Nighthawk AC3200. What do I do?

Thanks. Interesting though as the ATT tech told me directly that they should connect to any wireless router.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7