× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 Wi-Fi 6. cannot connect to app or get online

SAF22
Aspirant

AX1800 Wi-Fi 6. cannot connect to app or get online

I have had an issue since taking out of box…. Got on app… had issues… using Spectrum modem… service is for 500 speed… modem lights are on Samsung tv says connected spectrum says I am not… when I try, says cannot verify server identity… thought it was an issue with my iPhone.. went to Verizon and they were able to connect on their Wi-Fi… it’s not the phone… so frustrated I think I’m going to just get spectrum router and take this back or trash it… can’t get help anywhere… spectrum tech supposed to come tomorrow but not if that will fix it… if it doesn’t I will just have them use their modem and be done with it… to bad because the last one I had was good… it went out on Friday… died on me…. Couldn’t power it up at all.. went to Best Buy and this one was suggested to be comparable…. so so disappointed with this router… I deleted the nighthawk app and reinstalled so many times… I’m just done!!!!’
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AX1800 Wi-Fi 6. cannot connect to app or get online

What model# router do you have? AX1800 is a wifi speed.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 6
microchip8
Master

Which "app"?You don't need to configure an NG router with an app, though they really want to push it.

Go with a browser to http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1

And you can configure the router with much more options than the cr@ppy aps offers.
Message 3 of 6
SAF22
Aspirant

RAX10-100NAS. (Netgear)
Modem is spectrum D3.1 2.5G eMTA is this what you mean? Not hugely tech savvy and learning a lot though in last few days where do I find what firmware version is loaded… oh I hope you can help!
Message 4 of 6

@SAF22 wrote:
RAX10-100NAS. (Netgear)
Modem is spectrum D3.1 2.5G eMTA is this what you mean?

If Google is to be believed, that could be a modem/router.

Does it have a row of four Eternet ports ion the back?

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 5 of 6
SAF22
Aspirant

It does have ports on the back… so sorry if I misspoke, I only have one modem and one router…
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7