× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX2400 RAX30 ethernet speed on pc 100mbps

ReynaLain
Aspirant

AX2400 RAX30 ethernet speed on pc 100mbps

currently having issues with my ethernet  speeds for my pc being capped out at 100mbps. I'm running an AX2400 RAX30 with an arris surfboard SB8200 with an 1gb plan. everything else in house runs at a higher download speed. at 1st i thought it was my ethernet cord so i bought one from best buy and still the same issue ( this was a cat6 data cable) and after that i bought a cat8 ethernet cable. I made sure everything is up to date with still no change in speed. i view my speeds through my network connections my computer uses a Realtek gaming Gbe Family controller and i changed my speed & duplex to 1.0 gbps full duplex. which this worked after restarting my pc and checking my status and then using speedtest.net. I access my pc today and the same issues are back at 100mbps and it worked 2 days ago

Message 1 of 4

@ReynaLain wrote:

i view my speeds through my network connections my computer uses a Realtek gaming Gbe Family controller and i changed my speed & duplex to 1.0 gbps full duplex. which this worked after restarting my pc and checking my status and then using speedtest.net. I access my pc today and the same issues are back at 100mbps and it worked 2 days ago

Not sure that I follow that. Does it come down to the PC's Ethernet connection dropping down to 100 Mbps?

Have you checked for the latest drivers for the Ethernet chips in the PC? Windows update isn't likely to find those. They may not even be on the support pages for your PC. It can be down to finding the Realtek drivers.

If this is a  Windows PC, what do you see for the Ethernet Status?

michaelkenward_0-1708192312523.png

Finally, the usual boilerplate questions to eliminate some of the more common issues that crop up here.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware with an app or in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that connects this router to the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 4
ReynaLain
Aspirant

i was using my current ethernet status 

ethernet.PNG

i understand that i would have to update from realtek

my current firmware version for my router - V1.0.10.94_3

my modem uses docsis 3.1 

model number sb8200 

its just a cable modem 

Message 3 of 4

Your PC is connecting at 100 Mbps. Not really a router issue.

I have never messed around with the Realtek settings. Can't see the need.

My speed setting is for Auto Negotiation.

There is newer firmware for your router:

RAX30 Firmware Version 1.0.12.100 - NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7