× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6000 AC12

Brocksman
Aspirant

AX6000 AC12

Hi Guys
Is there any way I can monitor internet sites the kids are On or have parent control
Also does it have good firmware to stop unwanted intruders and can I see who is trying to gain access

I know some other models do, why not this expensive one
Message 1 of 4

Re: AX6000 AC12

What device are we talking about here?

AX6000 is not a reliable guide to model number. It is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Do you mean the RAX80 or the RAX120?

@Brocksman wrote:
Also does it have good firmware to stop unwanted intruders and can I see who is trying to gain access

Get the manual for whatever device you have and look into the stuff on "logs".

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

None of the RAX devices have parental controls, disney circle, or armor setup for them yet. I haven't seen any posts from an offical moderator but I'd imagine the support will be coming as armor/disney circle are a reliable revenue stream. it seems like they're wanting to get the basics of the router up and running first before adding in complexity. 

Something you could do temporarily while you wait on that is to check into opendns.  There's a free filter setup for adult content or a paid for site specific filtering. There's ways around this but if you're kids are capable of doing so, they'll figure out a way around most things.  

Message 3 of 4
Brocksman
Aspirant

Thsank you so  uch your very kind, have a Merry Xmas and a happy New Year

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements