× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6600 VPN setup issues

JDCDDesigns
Follower

AX6600 VPN setup issues

Hey guys, Im in need for of some help!

I'm trying to set up the internal VPN with my Nighthawk AX6600 but i'm missing a few pieces in getting this set up. I also what to put out there I have followed Netgears "Enabling VPN services how to" but still running into issues. (this will be set upon for my home and only on my Mac Pro)

First off i'm on a Mac running Ventura 13.2.1 OS. Next I have enabled the DNS and enabled the VPN service in my router settings. I have then downloaded Tunnelblick 3.8.8 aswell I have started making a hostname through NO-IP (this is 1 of my issues which I will explain below)

I have set up the port forwarding in the settings that NO-IP is requesting for the configuration but upon completing this step on there site (it scans to see if the port selected is open) it keeps saying the port is closed. Iv tried quite a few ports (currently have 49152 in my settings) but nothing is working. I was hoping for some assistance here on what port to chose, or how to open ports!Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 9.42.41 PM.png

Next, after following the how to for Tunnelblick, part of the steps for Mac is installing the TUN and TAP system extension. When installing it through the program, nothing seems to happen. All permissions should be granted through my security settings so im not sure what to do here.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 9.45.01 PM.png

Iv spent countless hours and even got the IT company we deal with at work to help and even they couldn't sort it out. I appreciate your time!

Thanks,  

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7