× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access on web browser is denied

SapperJedi
Guide

Access on web browser is denied

@michaelkenward If you want to help people with their router issues, which you are perfectly entitled to, it helps to not be a complete **bleep** to people asking for help. Instead of treating it as the users fault, how about you help?

I have the same issue on my Nighthawk AX5400. Access on web browser is denied. Did hard restarts on both the modem and the router as Netgear suggests. Both of your links provide absolutely ZERO solutions/help. Hard to save settings if you can't get into the web app.

Hopefully someone at Netgear will see this and get you off this community forum so people can get actual help and not some salty **bleep** that doesn't want to help.

Anyways, I'll go somewhere where I actually get help.

Message 1 of 10

Re: Access on web browser is denied

@SapperJedi wrote:

I have the same issue on my Nighthawk AX5400. Access on web browser is denied. Did hard restarts on both the modem and the router as Netgear suggests. Both of your links provide absolutely ZERO solutions/help. Hard to save settings if you can't get into the web app.

From the device you have tagged, your router is an RAX45S. AX5400 is not a Netgear model number. It is a wifi speed indicator. It makes about half with that label.

Who knows of those links provided zero solutions for @carloslijeron . They haven't come back.  It is up to them to decide what is useful advice.

It may be that those links to Netgear's own advice for this situation solved their problem. That it doesn't work for you may just mean that you have a different problem.

Unfortunately, their message also seems to have been a victim of another problem with this Communality. @carloslijeron was replying to another message. But that previous conversation has gone AWOL So we have no idea what they read and tried.

What is your modem?

What happens when you try to access the router through the GUI?

Message 2 of 10
SapperJedi
Guide

My device is a Nighthawk AX6 AX5400 6-Stream WiFi Router.

SapperJedi_0-1707579651111.png

Message 3 of 10

@SapperJedi wrote:

My device is a Nighthawk AX6 AX5400 6-Stream WiFi Router.

Not really. As I explained, AX5400 (and AX6) just tell us about the wifi technology. RAX50 and RAX54S are model numbers.

What modem/ONT/gateway sits between your router and the Internet?

Have you tried a different browser?

Browsers are getting increasingly picky about security. They like to protect us from "insecure" sites, especially when they use http and not https.

How did you try to access your router? Which address did you enter into the browser?

Message 4 of 10
SapperJedi
Guide

I'm literally giving you the modem description off the back of the product.

Used Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. All three gave the same response:

SapperJedi_0-1707580329938.png

Arris modem to Nighthawk connected to PC with a LAN cable. 

192.168.1.1 was the address I used. I also used both login link provided by Netgear (www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com)

Same access denied page.

Message 5 of 10

@SapperJedi wrote:

I'm literally giving you the modem description off the back of the product.

All we know is that you have an Arris modem. Arris is like Netgear, a brand, not a  model number.

Arris has made dozens of different modems over the years. Some of them are simple modems, but others are modem/routers.

Modem/routers latter can cause problems if you add yet another router to the network.

Troubleshooting is a process of ruling out problems one at a time. Networks are, as the label tells us, a collection of devices. And you can't just throw them together willy nilly.  You can't even turn them on in any old order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 6 of 10
SapperJedi
Guide

My modem would not prevent me from accessing my router. My internet is completely fine with no issues. the issue is that my access to my router is denied. I can reset the password and I can use the mobile app to access certain features on the router but I cannot access the router from my PC's web browser.

I have done this:

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Same result. Access denied.

I'm going to move on as I am getting nowhere with the smart-ass replies you are giving. I know what a router is/does. I know what a modem is/does. I know how basic troubleshooting works. 

Your efforts will go unnoticed. No need to reply. Moving on.

Message 7 of 10
SapperJedi
Guide

Yes, that is what I am seeing. 

Based on some actual helpful members around this community, it looks like a factory reset may be needed. I will try that and see if it works. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10

It didn't help that Netgear's community software managed to lose the first half if the conversation.

This seems to be something on the RAX45S.

Here's a useful contribution on that front:

Re: New - RAX50v2 Firmware Version 1.1.4.28 Releas... - NETGEAR Communities

Might be worth trying.

It is from a different conversation with a more useful subject.

Message 9 of 10

@SapperJedi wrote:

My modem would not prevent me from accessing my router.

It can, and does, for other people.

I add this just for anyone else who stumbles across this baffling "conversation" and wants to get to the bottom of these access issues.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7