× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After updating to the latest firmware version (1.2.3.28), the RAX120 v1 cannot use "Anywhere Access

chinlung
Aspirant

After updating to the latest firmware version (1.2.3.28), the RAX120 v1 cannot use "Anywhere Access

Hi,

As mentioned in the title, after updating the RAX120 v1 to the latest firmware version (1.2.3.28), I was unable to connect to the RAX120 via the internet using "Anywhere Access" via the Nighthawk APP on my phone.

I have also tested several different versions, from 1.2.1.22 to 1.2.3.28, I can't connect to "Anywhere Access", but when I return to 1.2.0.16 and 1.0.2.136, I can connect normally.

After upgrading to the latest version (1.2.3.28), it was obvious that the RAX120 was unstable and could not connect to the internet or the internal network for about 3~7 days, and could not connect to the internal network with the APP, and had to be turned off and rebooted to recover.

I was told that the RAX120v2 was released, and I found that the firmware version had more text labeled v1v2. I wonder if the problem occurred after the v1 firmware was updated to match the new RAX120v2.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
chinlung
Aspirant

回复: After updating to the latest firmware version (1.2.3.28), the RAX120 v1 cannot use "Anywher

Amend the above description, I mean that after updating to the latest version of firmware, it does not work properly after running RAX120v1 for about 3~7 days.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

回复: After updating to the latest firmware version (1.2.3.28), the RAX120 v1 cannot use "Anywher

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 3 of 6
chinlung
Aspirant

Hi @FURRYe38 

I'm having a hard time seeing the manufacturer and model of the ISP's modem/ONT, but I can explain the current setup.

My network is connected from the ISP's fiber optic network (300M) to the building's chassis and then to the place where I live, through my home network wiring first to the Netgear Switch Hub (NETGEAR GA308T-100NAS) and then to the RAX120.

In addition, I updated the firmware through the management interface and did not restore the factory settings or reset them, because my previous settings would have been lost, which was a bit troublesome for me.

Is it necessary to restore or reset the factory settings to solve this problem?

However, I'm curious if RAX120v1 users will also have this problem after updating to the latest version of the firmware? 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Had this been working at some point on the RAX router? 

Normal connection methods for routers are ISP services>RAX router<>Lan Switch after the router. 

Message 5 of 6
chinlung
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Had this been working at some point on the RAX router? 

Normal connection methods for routers are ISP services>RAX router<>Lan Switch after the router. 

I apologize for not replying during this period of time when I was busy with work.

I have reset the parameters and returned to the factory settings as you suggested, but unfortunately the function is still not working properly. And it's still easy to crash after a period of time (can't connect, even to the management interface can't enter), and need to turn the power back on to solve the problem.

Regarding the connection method you mentioned, since I have another NAS that needs to connect directly to the ISP and will allocate the IP through the ISP, the ISP services will first connect to the Switch Hub and then connect to the RAX Router, as follows.

/->NAS(Static IP)
ISP Service ->Switch Hub -<
                                             \->RAX Router(Dynamic IP) -> Computer or Mobile (Wired or wireless local LAN)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7