× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ax4300 with horrible wifi speed

sligade
Aspirant

Ax4300 with horrible wifi speed

Hello, Just trying to replace fios G3100 internet only (200mbps speed) router with AX4300. fios router is working great, I have 4 Wired connections and 2.4 a wifi enabled. as well 5Ghz wifi. also setup a static port for printer. I was getting about 300 Spped for wired and close to 100 For wifi close to router, and about 25 Farthest in the house. All these are for 2.4Gz. for 5Gz was getting at least 20% more.

Just disconnected fios router and plugged in ax4300, connected all my wired connections. updates to latest firmware and  was able to set 2.4Gz and 5Gz wifi, however, with or without qos and multimedia, never got above 9 to 10 Wifi speed for both 2.4 or 5Gz. not sure what I did wrong, but very disappointed with ax4300 for such a simple setup.

SL

Message 1 of 3

@sligade wrote:

Hello, Just trying to replace fios G3100 internet only (200mbps speed) router with AX4300.

Neither of those is a Netgear model number. The AX4300 could be RAX45 or RAX50.

@sligade wrote:

Just disconnected fios router and plugged in ax4300, connected all my wired connections.

You can't just unplug one thing and replace it with something else and expect everything to go through smoothly. At a minimum you should restart the network.

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it. You need to get the devices to forget any inherited settings. Among other things, that means rebooting the network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

If that doesn't fix problems, then a reset of the router, and maybe the modem, may be needed.

Message 2 of 3
sligade
Aspirant

Thanks

I will try these and let you know. BTW it RAX45

I also saw https://www.techlicious.com/tip/how-to-use-your-own-router-for-verizon-fios/comments-/CP3/#:~:text=C.... Tlaking about DHCP release, do you think that is necessary? May be I will add these in your instructions as well..

Thanks

SL

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7