× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM2000 to Rax120 connection

dkjames
Tutor

CM2000 to Rax120 connection

Is there anywhere to get a step by step instructions to wire and configure the RAX120 & CM2000 for multi-gig speeds? My modem has but one mult-gig output configured my wan port for 5G and I don't see any improvement. I can't seem to find a solution with these two devices anywhere. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Go into the RAX120s web page and under Advanced Tab/Internet setup, change the internet connection from 1Gb port to the Multi-Gig port. Apply the setting. I believe the router will reboot here. Power off the CM modem for 15 seconds then back ON. The MG port LED on the front of the CM modem should turn on BLUE when it connects to the MG port on the RAX router.

Message 2 of 5
dkjames
Tutor

Thanks for the quick response. If I'm connecting my modem directly to the multi-gig port on RAX120 how do I get multi-gig Ethernet to my PC from the RAZ120? The other outputs are 1gig.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Something that's not supported on RAX and RAXE series routers due to the WAN and LAN ports limited to 1Gb rates. To get seamless 2.5Gb or higher speeds from WAN to LAN, you'll need a RS700 or Orbi 960 series to get this from WAN to LAN. Or the new Orbi 970 series: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-7-BE-Mesh-Systems/Introducing-NETGEAR-Orbi-970-Series-WiF...

Message 4 of 5
TrumpKing
Aspirant

Those devices supporting link aggregation can support Internet faster than 1Gbps, e.g. NAS and PC with dual Gig Eth ports. I am using DS718+ to reach 2Gbps download speed.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7