× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not connect to Roku

pinkdaylily
Initiate

Can not connect to Roku

In March this year I got a Netgear Nighthawk AX5400 and a Roku 4K and was able to set them up without problem.  I've love it and use the Roku daily.  A couple of days ago when I accessed Roku it said there wasn't an internet connection.   

-I've tried multiple times to reconnect and keep getting an error 014.40.  I'm using the correct password. 

-  turned off and unpluged both the router and Roku and left them off about 10 minutes

- my computer is connected by cable to the router and the computer works just fine.

- on Roku, it shows both the 2,4 and 5.6 signals from the router and can't connect to either

- have repositioned the router so see if that helped (didn't)

Since I'm not a techie, I need advice please!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can not connect to Roku

Make sure your SSID (wireless name) and password don't have any special characters or spaces in them. I've seen roku's have issues with those before. 

Are you using wpa2 or wpa3? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Make sure your SSID (wireless name) and password don't have any special characters or spaces in them. I've seen roku's have issues with those before. 

Are you using wpa2 or wpa3? 

Message 2 of 4
pinkdaylily
Initiate

thank you.   I got out my magnifying glass and there is a space I missed earlier!

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad it fixed the issue for you!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7