× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to 2G network after firmware update V1.0.3.88_1.0.41

nethtrick
Aspirant

Cannot connect to 2G network after firmware update V1.0.3.88_1.0.41

I applied the recent firmware update V1.0.3.88_1.0.41 to my RAX80 router. Suddenly no devices can connect to the 2G network. I have tried all kinds of settings with no avail, especially turning off the advanced features such as AX and OFDMA. The devices include Windows PC ("Can't connect to this network"), Android phones, and security cameras. I do not believe this is a problem with the clients, but something in the latest firmware update changed the 2G network to be inaccessible. Luckily I can still access the router settings through the 5G network but will need the 2G to work again.

Please help. I'm glad to post any more information that may be helpful to diagnose. I'd prefer not to reset to factory settings because I have a lot of devices to set up again after and it takes hours.

Thanks.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
nethtrick
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect to 2G network after firmware update V1.0.3.88_1.0.41

UPDATE: Strangely enough, I have so far been able to connect by activating all advanced features (except beamforming) and removing the carat character (^) from the 2G network password. The password with the carat (^) still works fine on 5G. Changing the 2G to any other password does not work. There is clearly a problem with the 2G network password in this firmware update. I am using WPA2-PSK [AES] for both 2G and 5G. The 2G and 5G networks have different SSIDs.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nethtrick, 

Thanks for updating the thread. I'll have the feedback forwarded to the team for further investigation. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
nethtrick
Aspirant

Thanks Christian. I ended up resetting the router and reconfiguring my devices. Maybe this is just informational at this point. Regardless, I am avoiding passwords with the carat symbol in the future, in case that was related.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7