× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot make a secure connection

Dataman72
Aspirant

Cannot make a secure connection

I changed the network SSID and entered in a PA2 key and secure password, but only the unsecured networks show on the devices, which are tablets and chromebooks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot make a secure connection

Hello Dataman72, 

I'd like for our Support Team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please provide the following to me in a private message: 

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (Including Timezone) 

Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dataman72, 

If you can provide more info it can help us assist you better. To start off, please provide the following: 

Product Model Number:

Firmware Version: 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Dataman72
Aspirant

Christine

The model number isn't listed in the drop down box, which is confusing.  The Box shows AX1800 wifi 6 (RAX20)  I'm starting to wonder is they sold me an outdated version?  The firmware is V1.0.1.54_2.0.17.  The router only shows the 4 default Netgear networks.  I'm fairly computer literate, and for years have used my own network setup with 4 secure networks, long SSID names, long passwords.  These show on the internet interface that they have been "created", but the router will not put it out.  I've tried all 3 security keys, tried refreshing the browsers, tried reinstalling the firmware, tried rebooting the router multiple times, rebooted all the tablets and Chromebooks, that are the latest and greatest.. Have set up many routers in the past, 4 or five different name brands, including Netgear, never had anything like this happen.  Wondering now if the router is bad or I should get another brand...

Thanks!

Dataman72 

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dataman72, 

I'd like for our Support Team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please provide the following to me in a private message: 

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (Including Timezone) 

Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Dataman72
Aspirant

Christian,

Got it working, AX1800 WiFi 6 (RAX20), but there are many problems with some of the designing of the system.  In retrospec now, I wish I had purchased a better version of the unit, something I recommend to all.  Here is what is wrong, and what should be checked.  I did a complete uninstall of the android software (I think caused part of the problem), and wiped the router clean.  One thing I think was fortunate, is the firmware I had updated since I purchased the router, so that was a definite plus, but it still needs work on it.  After wiping the router, I started the web interface and it could not connect to the web.  It appears this happened because you must go through your supplier for the internet, and they grab the initial IP of 192.168.1.1.  The web interface does not pick that up initially, and the android interface didn't do that either.  After going back and forth with different web browsers, Edge, Chrome ect, it finally showed that it changed the format of the IP address to 10.0.0.1.  The install then started for the web and more normal options showed than were available for the Android interface.  I had the chance to pick a User name, and a Password, unfortunately, after logging in I found out later that it reverts back to admin for the user, and that sort of stinks.  The ability of using your own user name adds a little to the security.  It then allowed me to add my networks, and didn't automatically add the Netgear network, which it appears once they are in or allowed, you cannot overwrite them; even though it looks like they are.  I think the firmware still needs more updating in this matter and others, and I feel Netgear will be up to that, and knowing what was wrong, and getting it fixed helped with my still feeling I will buy Netgear products.  Please don't make the interfaces idiot proof, there are still people that want to maintain and have control of their network, without a program taking it over.  The Android interface needs fixing in that manner..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7