× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Crazy Problem

bpn7rap
Follower

Crazy Problem

I recently went to AT&T 5G Air for my Internet.  Problem is  VPN's will not work with their Router and the speed goes down to very close to nothing.  I can connect my Nighthawk Model RAX70 to the AT&T Router by cable and I am wondering since I will be connected to my Nighthawk Router if I will once again be able to use a VPN.  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Crazy Problem

in my experience, its not going to change the speed because the bottleneck is the att device. 

You're always welcome to try it

Message 2 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Crazy Problem

@bpn7rap wrote:

I recently went to AT&T 5G Air for my Internet.  Problem is  VPN's will not work with their Router and the speed goes down to very close to nothing.  I can connect my Nighthawk Model RAX70 to the AT&T Router by cable and I am wondering since I will be connected to my Nighthawk Router if I will once again be able to use a VPN.  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Information on configuring the AT&T fixed wireless devices appears to be scarce.  You are looking for documents on how to configure the device for bridge mode to allow use of your router.  The documents are available only to the account holders.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series