× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device Connection Issues

LLH1956
Aspirant

Device Connection Issues

I have a RAX70 router and have had no issues until replacing the router from the cable company. It’s a SERCOM model DM1000. Devices will no longer stay connected to the router. Do I have to reset router? Not sure how to solve the issue.
Message 1 of 7

Re: Device Connection Issues

@LLH1956 wrote:
It’s a SERCOM model DM1000. Devices will no longer stay connected to the router. Do I have to reset router?

Not sure what you see when the connection goes down, but that looks like a standard modem only device.

With a new network, it makes sense to reset the router and set it up for the new modem.

Message 2 of 7
LLH1956
Aspirant

Michael - Sorry, I should have said I replaced the cable company modem, which is the Sercomm. The router is the same.
Message 3 of 7

@LLH1956 wrote:
Michael - Sorry, I should have said I replaced the cable company modem, which is the Sercomm. The router is the same.

That is how I interpreted your explanation.

The answer is the same.

The router sees a different modem. You need to set it up to work with that modem.

That may not solve the problem you see, but without doing that you will never know.

In any case, a reset is one of the first things that you will be advised to do when you have problems.

Message 4 of 7
LLH1956
Aspirant

I tried the router reset but devices continue to lose WiFi connection.
Message 5 of 7

@LLH1956 wrote:
I tried the router reset but devices continue to lose WiFi connection.

Before anyone can begin to diagnose that sort of issues, they need more detail, beyond "lose WiFi connection". That could be down to many many different things.

What happens? Error messages on the wifi clients?

What do the LEDs on the RAX70 router show? (Especially the wifi LEDs.)

How do you know that the router is the problem rather than the wifi clients?

What are these wifi clients? iOS by any chance?

What firmware is installed on the RAX70?

Message 6 of 7
LLH1956
Aspirant

Firmware on Rax70 is V1.0.14.134.

Some clients are connected via WiFi and others are wired into router, such as thermostat, garage door opener, Sonos. Only iOS are two iPhones. All clients are losing internet connection periodically but will reconnect after about a minute.

The LEDs on the router do not change and appear to show everything is working.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7