× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices lose internet connectivity or slow down after an hour or two when connected to RAX120

sloppybear
Initiate

Devices lose internet connectivity or slow down after an hour or two when connected to RAX120

Hello esteemed friends.

Two devices on my network, both wireless, invevitably slow down or disconnect from the internet when a few hours pass.

My desktop has a AX200 PCI adapter that I don't have a lot of confidence in. However it works great when I have either freshly turned on my pc or have just reset the network adapter. I can get full gigabit speeds over wifi which is cool. But, it eventually drops to about 100-200 mbps. It does this while still connected to 5GHz and the same channel (48). I have the router set to HT160.

My laptop, about a year old and with an 802.11ac chip, always loses internet connectivity while remaining connected to the router. 

Both of these issues are eliminated if I set the RAX120 back to HT80. But then I can't transfer files at a gigabit from my desktop elsewhere. I have a few other wifi devices that seem to stay connected no problem. But my desktop is the only ax device.

Any ideas? I assumed issues like this would resolve in firmware updates but there hasn't been one since April. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Devices lose internet connectivity or slow down after an hour or two when connected to RAX120

Hello sloppybear, 

I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. May you please send me a message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks!

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7