× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FW V1.0.4.76_10.1.82, R8000 - internet page loading fails randomly and need to F5 a couple times

Dauhee
Aspirant

FW V1.0.4.76_10.1.82, R8000 - internet page loading fails randomly and need to F5 a couple times

Hi,

Multiple clients and multiple browsers have same issue - opening a web page results in "hmm. we're having trouble finding that site. firefox error" intermittantly requiring pressing F5 a couple of times. I have tried changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 but it still happens. Looking like 1 of many bugs . . .

If anyone else is having this issue, be good to know if there are workarounds (apart from pressing F5 constantly)

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: FW V1.0.4.76_10.1.82, R8000 - internet page loading fails randomly and need to F5 a couple times

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did this just start happening after a FW update or has the router worked with out the problem up until recently? 

Might need to downgrade FW...

Message 2 of 5
Dauhee
Aspirant

Re: FW V1.0.4.76_10.1.82, R8000 - internet page loading fails randomly and need to F5 a couple times

Thanks, its fixed wireless pointing to AirOS device, thats all I have visibility to.

Worked perfect on DD-WRT handing out statics, but when put stock FW on have had this issue. I tried reset and reconfig but still happens

Message 3 of 5
Dauhee
Aspirant

Meant to say, had no issue on DD-WRT loading web pages (comment regarding statics is for another post)

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Well theres another long post here in this forum talking about current FW not working well for others. They've mentioned reverting back FW version to fix these DNS issues. Issue was brought up to NG support so they know. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7