× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hinge popped out of Wing on RAX120. Looking to see if anyone has taken the wing apart.

Malinois_Dad
Follower

Hinge popped out of Wing on RAX120. Looking to see if anyone has taken the wing apart.

Greetings 

One of the hinges on one of the antenna "wings"  on my RAX120 appears to have pulled out of the wing itself. Not sure how it attaches in there.  In the first photo, you can see where the rectangular opening is at the bottom of the wing where the top of that hinge normally extends into. The second photo shows the hinge extended and the top part that is supposed to be up inside the wing. 

Anyway, the short of it is, looking to see if anyone has had experience with opening up one of the wings and how it was accomplished without breaking anything. Also, If I do find a broken tidbit in there where the hinge attaches, is there a way to get that type of spare part from Netgear?

Thank you in advance.

M. 20230127_124648.jpg20230127_125852.jpg

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Hinge popped out of Wing on RAX120. Looking to see if anyone has taken the wing apart.

From looking at my RAX200, it looks like its just snaps together. You might just be able to gently pry it apart. Sadly, you're not going to find any parts for it on netgear. Maybe the 3rd party market you might find some. 

Or you could disconnect the hinge from the other side and try and JB weld the hinge back in carefully. Once its set/cured, you could then reattach it. The antenna's should still be good, it just looks like the plastic broke. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7