× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ho can I find my WiFi password

agezunt
Aspirant

Ho can I find my WiFi password

How can I find the password I put in for my Nighthawk AC 1750. Or how can I rest it when I don't have the correct one I entered orginally. Even though I wrote it down I must have made an error when I entered it.  Any help is most gratefully appreciated.  Thank you.

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Ho can I find my WiFi password

@agezunt wrote:

How can I find the password I put in for my Nighthawk AC 1750.

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. The AC2100 in your footer is a rare case of this being the model number, but that is not what you seem to be asking about.

One way to recover wifi passwords is with the desktop genie for your operating system.

If you want the desktop genie for Windows start here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

You may have to dismiss an annoying pop-up that tries to push a mobile app down your throat.

You can also get the password by using the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to access the router's management controls.

Much to the annoyance of many people, who fear for their security, it is there staring you in the face.

@agezunt wrote:

Or how can I rest it when I don't have the correct one I entered orginally.

A factory reset is the only way out of that hole.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7