× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to connect to internet via ethernet on NETGEAR Nighthawk AX5400 WiFi 6 Router

mtho2014
Aspirant

How to connect to internet via ethernet on NETGEAR Nighthawk AX5400 WiFi 6 Router

How do I switch from wifi to an ethernet connection? I plugged in the ethernet cord to my mac and changed the service order on my network preferences to ensure the ethernet connection had priority over wifi, but it wasn't giving me internet access.

Message 1 of 3

Re: How to connect to internet via ethernet on NETGEAR Nighthawk AX5400 WiFi 6 Router

@mtho2014 wrote:

How do I switch from wifi to an ethernet connection? I plugged in the ethernet cord to my mac and changed the service order on my network preferences to ensure the ethernet connection had priority over wifi, but it wasn't giving me internet access.

That's probably a problem for your Mac.

What does "it wasn't giving me internet access" mean.

Is "it" the Mac or our router?

Message 2 of 3
mtho2014
Aspirant

Re: How to connect to internet via ethernet on NETGEAR Nighthawk AX5400 WiFi 6 Router

oh okay, so all I should have to do is plug in the ethernet cord and I should have access, right? for some reason as soon as I plug into the ethernet cord I lose internet access.

Just making sure I don't have to switch another setting on my router preferences in order to use the ethernet connection.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7