× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot see files on the usb of my my new RAX120

r6gl3fh9ld
Follower

I cannot see files on the usb of my my new RAX120

I have 5 windows 10 computers hardwired to the RAX120 all with the latest win10 updates.  The RAX120 was installed by first loading the latest firmware and setting up WiFi and WiFi guest and it all works fine.  The computers all see the internet just fine.  It would seem very useful in this setup to be able to use the USB port for which I have installed a 512g NTFS flash drive with a few small files to test it.  I followed the procedure from the user manual for \\readyshare but I keep getting the error "Windows cannot access \\readyshare".  Netgear support has not been helpful in explaining how to troubleshoot this problem.  For windows I turned on windows file sharing and network discovery.  Please help!

Message 1 of 5

Re: I cannot see files on the usb of my my new RAX120

@r6gl3fh9ld wrote:

I followed the procedure from the user manual for \\readyshare but I keep getting the error "Windows cannot access \\readyshare".  

Where do you see that error message?

Message 2 of 5
Kitsap
Master

On your Windows computers, check the network properties and make sure they are set to Private and not Public.

Message 3 of 5

Message 4 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@r6gl3fh9ld wrote:

I have 5 windows 10 computers hardwired to the RAX120 all with the latest win10 updates.  The RAX120 was installed by first loading the latest firmware and setting up WiFi and WiFi guest and it all works fine.  The computers all see the internet just fine.  It would seem very useful in this setup to be able to use the USB port for which I have installed a 512g NTFS flash drive with a few small files to test it.  I followed the procedure from the user manual for \\readyshare but I keep getting the error "Windows cannot access \\readyshare".  Netgear support has not been helpful in explaining how to troubleshoot this problem.  For windows I turned on windows file sharing and network discovery.  Please help!

If you have that hardware setup on your network, suggest your invest in a small network assigned storage (NAS) device that is designed for that purpose.  Using a USB stick plugged in to your router for such purposes, makes for a bad decision to enable an outdated feature as a crutch.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7