× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Impossible to log in to a RAX80

Paco15
Aspirant

Impossible to log in to a RAX80

Fairly wierd issue : I can't seem to access the management page of my RAX80 router. I'm automatically redirected to a 404 error page.

This happens both on my desktop (with every browser) or my phone. I can somehow manage it through the Nighthawk app but it does not give me access to the more advanced options.

Is this a known bug ? Any tips on how to get back control of my damn router ?

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 17-54-16 404 - File or directory not found.png

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Impossible to log in to a RAX80

How are you accessing this page? Routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1? 

What browser are you using? Try a different browser? MS-Edge or Firefox? 

Be sure your clearing all browser caches before going to the routers web page. 

Message 2 of 4
Paco15
Aspirant

Using the IP adress throws me this error both on my phone and computer. Tried every browser I could think of (even reinstalled Opera haha), emptying cache and everything and no chance.

Routerlogin.net just throws me the webpage.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface
Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Try this disconnected from the ISP modem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7