× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Incoming IPv6 Connections

gnarlenos
Aspirant

Incoming IPv6 Connections

I am very disappointed to learn that incoming IPv6 traffic is blocked by default and that there is no way to change that. At the very least an option should be added to create a sort of DMZ for one IPv6 address (like there is for IPv4).

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

AFAIK, no commercial router brand supports that feature. But if you're handy with the CLI, you can write your own IPv6 firewall rules (like I did for my R7800)

Message 2 of 3
gnarlenos
Aspirant

Not sure which feature you're referring to but... the Asus router that my new Netgear RAX120 can be taught to not block incoming IPv6 traffic by default. I was able to open certain ports for specificy IPv6 addresses just fine (with the Asus router).

I am comfortable with the commandline (being a Unix user) but I haven't found any information about accessing the Netgear router by methods other than the HTTP interface. (Which, also, has no HTTPS option!?) My Netgear router does not listen on port 22 (SSH) or 23 (telnet)... something else that the Asus router could easily be set up to do.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7