× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet keeps dropping on RBR40 router

icemagic17
Tutor

Internet keeps dropping on RBR40 router

I keep randomly losing the internet for periods of 3-5 minutes.  I have tried several times to unplug and reboot the router.  Every time I do this it works again initially, but then cuts out again later. I have two satelites connected and my house is about 3,000 sq ft.  I am currently connected and have fast internet speeds, but am more concerned about tomorrow when the wife has to work from home.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
icemagic17
Tutor

Re: Internet keeps dropping on RBR40 router

It turns out it was an issue on the part of our internet provider. I battery was dying on the system they installed and fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

Do all device loose connection or just wireless devices? (does wired drop)

When it drops, what actually happens? Does it say "connected, no internet", does wifi stop broadcasting, does it broadcast but devices won't connect? 

Message 2 of 4
icemagic17
Tutor

I have Bevcomm internet direct fiber optic through an Ethernet cord and no modem needed. I don’t actually have any laptops that have a direct Ethernet connection at the house. Yes it says connected no internet and the purple magenta light is on top of the Orbi.
Message 3 of 4
icemagic17
Tutor

It turns out it was an issue on the part of our internet provider. I battery was dying on the system they installed and fixed the issue.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7