× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issues with new RAXE300 playing Destiny 2 on ps5s

morgeth888
Aspirant

Issues with new RAXE300 playing Destiny 2 on ps5s

I am having an extremely hard time getting my family working on this new router, we played this game all the time on our old routers and never really had too many issues. Something is absolutely broken on the new router but only for this game. It cannot login to the game (well I say that, it works 1% of the time after a very long time), it is 100% the wifi on the router as old router still works, even hotspot off my phone using the new routers internet works just fine. I have gone through every single setting I have found on the routers config page 192.168.1.1 and nothing has changed. Reaching out to see if there is any stupid things like hardcoded blocked ports or something somewhere that is blocking this game from doing what it wants. I can't really find any firewall type configs as far as I can tell nothing is blocked as far as traffic goes.

Message 1 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

None of this did anything, Port forward is not an option with 3 consoles either

https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049496751-Advanced-Troubleshooting-UPnP-Port-Forwarding...

Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

Firmware on the router? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? We see issues with double nats causing problems all the time. 

Message 3 of 12

Your subject refers to the PS5.

It is natural to blame the router when facing problems with connected devices, but it may also be down to the things you are trying to connect and any demands they make for settings. 

People turn up here regularly with issues with the PS5:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – ps5

It might help to check through what they have done to fix problems.

It could even be down to the games you mention:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – destiny

Several messages include both of those  terms:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – destiny PS5

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to set NAT Filter on the router to OPEN if you have more than 1 game console connected to the router.

If you do have more then one game console that's all playing same game, you need to switch NAT filter to OPEN. It's the only way to get open NAT across all game consoles on NG routers. For some reason games when there are two or more consoles playing same game, can't use same ports so combined with uPnP and NAT Filter set to OPEN, allows the consoles to connect and get open NAT or in case of Sony, NAT type 2 which will all you'll ever see on PS consoles. 

I've done a lot of research and testing back in 2010-2017 on game consoles, NAT types and NAT Kinds. Found that NAT filter to OPEN with a modem only unit and host router allows OPEN NAT for two or more games consoles. 

Since you only have a CM1000, I would not use the Multi gig port for the internet connection to the CM1000 since the max rate the CM1000 can handle is 1000Mpbs. There is no reason to use the MG port unless you have something to connect to it that can support it. Connect the modem using the yellow internet port in back. Connect the PS console using the 1000Mpbs LAN ports in back as well. 

@morgeth888 wrote:

None of this did anything, Port forward is not an option with 3 consoles either

https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049496751-Advanced-Troubleshooting-UPnP-Port-Forwarding...

Message 5 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

I appreciate your replay but, This was something I tried, and this makes more sense in the context of the actual game itself once we start playing together that is when the p2p starts, the issue in this ticket is actually logging into the game. In my prior routers and also my current old router which I have plugged into this new model solely for the purpose of this game, I never switched off secured NAT so your statement is not entirely true, I have seen 3 or 4 nat errors over the 5 years playing this game so could pop up at times. 

Message 6 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

I appreciate your reply but, as mentioned in the ticket, I have no issues on other equipment all other things equal, also agree that the game could be to blame, however I am not interested in both sides of this playing the finger pointing game, "It's their fault". Thinking something new on this router as it is somewhat new that the game doesn't support. Seeing if there was some kind of toggle somewhere I could toggle off, but honestly I have tested everyone I have seen thus far.

Message 7 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

V1.0.7.62_1 firmware version. I believe the other equipment is irrelevant as with my old wifi router I have no issues so I didn't mention them

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

Whenever someone says it's not pertinent, it usually is. Some routers do better with double nats than others. It's why we ask
Message 9 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

CM1000

DOCSIS 3.1

also new to honest

Message 10 of 12
morgeth888
Aspirant

Connection to the router via the multi gig port if that matters as well. I actually only have about 800 megs down 50 up so I could try switching the connection plug.

Message 11 of 12

@morgeth888 wrote:

I appreciate your reply but, as mentioned in the ticket....

Ticket? Does that mean you have approached Netgear's official support team?

This is essentially a user-to-user group. No "tickets to ride".

I am not interested in both sides of this playing the finger pointing game, "It's their fault".

Troubleshooting entails looking at all the components involved. No one is finger pointing, although that does seem to be your default position.

As you can see from the other messages on the topics, this can be a complicated issue that needs several things to fall into place.

I assume that you at least browsed them for clues.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7