× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latest Update causing dead ports for the AX1800 Wifi Router R6700AX

Dvalin21
Aspirant

Latest Update causing dead ports for the AX1800 Wifi Router R6700AX

You know this router has been ok at best which I have just dealt with for a few years. I didn't listen to the notion to get a new router. And after this firmware update that recently came in, it only confirmed this for me. After the update, the router has caused ALL KINDS OF HAVOC!!!!  I have dead ports on the router. LED lights flashing as if data is going through when nothing is plugged in. Just know I will not get another Netgear router. I shouldn't have to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get a decently working router. Currently on Firmware 1.0.13.128. Get it together!

Message 1 of 3

Re: Latest Update causing dead ports for the AX1800 Wifi Router R6700AX

@Dvalin21 wrote:

Get it together!

Sorry, can't help on that front. This is essentially a user-to-user forum, with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

You can try the official channels for support, but be warned that after 90 days they will want money before talking to you.

Contact Us | MyNETGEAR

Much easier to try to sort it out here before you open your wallet.

We can, on the other hand, draw on the collective experience to troubleshoot devices and try to help you to track down issues and come up with possible solutions. But for that to happen we'll need something a bit more detailed than "the router has caused ALL KINDS OF HAVOC"

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Latest Update causing dead ports for the AX1800 Wifi Router R6700AX

After the firmware upgrade, did you try a factory reset? 

One of the first things we recommend if there's issues after upgrading firmware. 

If that didn't help, you could try doing a manual reinstall. If you installed via the app or over wireless, its usually where we see corrupt firmware issues. Maybe that happened to yours and a reinstall of the firmware will help. 

And if that doesn't help, just downgrade it back to the prior version. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7