× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MAC filtering

Niek58
Follower

MAC filtering

Good day to you all. Excuse my English, I'm Dutch

I'm a bit confused, maybe somebode can help. I'm planning to buy the RAX120, but something leaves me puzzeled.

As far as I understand, using MAC filtering blocks devices not listed from joining my network, and thus also blocking connection to the internet. But, in the user manual of the RAX120, one can read in the section of this topic the following:

1. Block all new devices from connecting. With this setting, a new device cannot access your router’s Internet connection, but can still access your router’s local network.

Whereas the user manual of the RAX80 states:

1. Block all new devices from connecting. With this setting, if you add a new device, before it can access your network, you must enter its MAC address for an Ethernet connection and its MAC address for a WiFi connection in the allowed list.

I really do want to prevent unwanted devices connecting not only to my internet connection, but also to my network. Does the RAX120 allow blocked users to my network? Or is the user manual not correct? And if correct, why is there a difference in this respect between the RAX80 and the RAX120?

Thank you so much for your answer!

Many greetings form the Netherlands,

Niek

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7