× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help in setting up multiple routers in home RAX120

anurag3482
Follower

Need Help in setting up multiple routers in home RAX120

Hello all - I have total 2 router running as access point due to range. I have more than 120+ devices connected to them. 

Here is my setup look like

Main router is from Centurylink - WIFI signals are off in the router.

RAX120 is added as AP. channel 1 

RAX120v2 is added as AP. channel 11

Both AP are assigned fixed IP

SSID's are the same on both AP. how can i make sure when I am walking in the house, my cellphone is connected to the best signal router. 

to me it seems my phone is connected to only to one router and do not switch over to other router unless my first one reboot or restart. 

also since i have so many devices connected to AP, I have to reboot mostly everyday. All main hardware is hardwire. i.e TV, Desktop, FIRE TV, apple tv etc. 

light switches, kasa plugs and security cams ring/nest are connected thru wifi. 

I would appreciate if someone can provide me the best settings for the router. I use to have x10 and I feel transition in that router was much smoother and i never had speed issue. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Need Help in setting up multiple routers in home RAX120

When you're not using a mesh system like netgear orbi or mk nighthawk, devices won't roam as efficiently. 

It should still roam as most devices these days have their own roaming protocols built into them but it just tends to be less efficient and "sticky". 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7