× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network segmentation and VLANs

Aspirant

Network segmentation and VLANs

Do the Knighthawk  WiFi 6 (AXxxxx) models support network segmentation? For example, separate VLANs for the WiFi and individual ethernet ports. Sadly, this was not supported on the R7xxx line of routers. This is really disappointing considering the routers cost into the hundreds of dollars. TP-Link is way ahead of NetGear in the category.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Network segmentation and VLANs

I believe RAX do not support this. Check the user manual to see if there is any mention of this. Most segmentations on VLANs is handled at the L2/L3 SWITCH level or in business and enterprise class environments. The average home users doen't have call or this kind of feature. VLANs on home class routers is mostly for WAN side connections to certain ISPs that have specific VLAN support for there networks. 

If TPLink has this then something to look into. I personally would not recommend anything TPLink. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 4
Razor512
Prodigy

While the controls are limited, they do offer some very basic VLAN options

I attached an image showing the options.

Message 3 of 4
Razor512
Prodigy

Wanted to also add that lower end RAX series also have the same VLAN controls as pictured in the attachment, but without the 6GHz band option.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7