× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RAX200 Firmware Version 1.0.6.138 Released

EdCzar
Star

Netgear has not yet admitted they have many serious problems with this update and it is still up there for other poor people to download and have problems with.

Message 51 of 56
Crash83K
Guide

This was quite an expensive router which is not at all that old. I bought mine about a year ago. I'm pretty certain Netgear doesn't expect us to buy a new $500 router every year to get support. But it sure looks like they don't care if we start writing negative reviews for their most expensive home products.

This is absolutely ridiculous. My choice is to disable necessary functionality to make my router secure, or downgrade my firmware to use the necessary functionality.

Netgear, you need to solve this or you need to refund my money for my router. Considering I have been buying Netgear appliances only for years, this is the last straw.
Message 52 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Asking you about your modem and offering up some suggestions is not having the ISP try to help you. Again, its not recommended to have two routers on the same network and can cause problems. However you run it like you want to. Spell checker might be helpful too. 

Never said anything about protecting or avoiding the problem. Were here to help and try to fix what we can. After all troubleshooting options have been exhausted, then users needs to take this to official NG support as this is BEYOND forum support and fixing anything. We don't have those resources for FW fixes. NG will need to address this. 

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Good Luck. 

@RikiRu wrote:

Your suggestion is the fix my network with my ISP when it doesnt work with 138 version of a firmware for the router, but it works with 132. And you are a Guru? lmao

As ive said, downgrading the firmware solves the issues, if that doesnt tell you there is something wrong in the 138 firmware i dont know.

Do you honestly think my ISP will help me when i explain this issue? they will tell me to fix my router, if they do anything they will debit me for their time, becouse the issue is at no level at their end.

I hope you also understand that the normal setup in a house or apartment is to receive or have a converter from Fiber or Koaxial connection today with built in Router function, im pretty sure 90 % of all modern houses and apartments are setup in this way, and to ask to contact an ISP for setup on DMZ betwen my home router and my convertion box when so many people have issues with the 138 verison is mad.

Also, you asked if a reset was made since last FW update, if you read, i wrote: "I have tried reseting my router", that has been done from the 138 firmware, no luck, i dont need to reset form the 132, becouse everything in functional in the 132 version of the firmware.

Stop protecting an obvious issue in the Firmware, I paid a premium for this Router to NOT have these issues, im sick and tired of people telling me that i need to diagnose my network when i have done NOTHING / NO CHANGE and it suddenly stops working after a Firmware update.

As i said, the DNS 1 server becomes the routers IP, 10.0.0.1 in my case, if i set static settings with googles DNS it starts working.

Just fix it.

Message 53 of 56
RikiRu
Tutor

For you to even say something like, " Spell checker might be helpful too. "

I appologize that my first language isnt English, im sure you do just as good in Swedish 🙂 I hope you are clever enough to understand my point just as any other normal user have done so far, but a Guru seems to have issues with.

To contact NG support is to call someone in a callcenter, they wont help me with anything, they wont tell direct the issue to NG for a FW fix, it must be better to reach out on this NG forum and explain our issues.

Here you can easily ask for logs, setup, configuration, anything, but as on any forum you are just one of many guessers that just take whatever you think might be the issue and say try this.

On what information did you base that i have 2 routers in my network? Why cant my converter to my appartment just be just that, a converter without router functionality?

There is a big difference betwen recommended and real world setups, stop making guesses without any information, its like target shooting in the dark.

So instead of making a fool of me for my spelling, maybe you should redirect this info to NG or help in some way to get NG to notice the issue in the 138 firmware.

Dont waste my time and i wont waste yours.

Message 54 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

So use what works best I guess or find something else. 

"my devices get my routers adress 10.0.0.1 in my case" when we see this kind of address on a NG router, this means the NG router has detected that there is a upstream router that is use same IP address as the NG router so it's changes to this 10.something address to avoid the conflict. This tells us there is a upstream router here. 

Its why we ask question so we can get detailed information. However if users don't respond or give feedback then we can't help them much. 

We have let NG know about this. All we can do. All this is beyond forum help.

Sorry to inconvience you. 

Good luck. 

@RikiRu wrote:

For you to even say something like, " Spell checker might be helpful too. "

I appologize that my first language isnt English, im sure you do just as good in Swedish 🙂 I hope you are clever enough to understand my point just as any other normal user have done so far, but a Guru seems to have issues with.

To contact NG support is to call someone in a callcenter, they wont help me with anything, they wont tell direct the issue to NG for a FW fix, it must be better to reach out on this NG forum and explain our issues.

Here you can easily ask for logs, setup, configuration, anything, but as on any forum you are just one of many guessers that just take whatever you think might be the issue and say try this.

On what information did you base that i have 2 routers in my network? Why cant my converter to my appartment just be just that, a converter without router functionality?

There is a big difference betwen recommended and real world setups, stop making guesses without any information, its like target shooting in the dark.

So instead of making a fool of me for my spelling, maybe you should redirect this info to NG or help in some way to get NG to notice the issue in the 138 firmware.

Dont waste my time and i wont waste yours.

Message 55 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 56 of 56
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 40 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7