× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RAX41/42/43/50/54 V2 Firmware Version 1.1.4.28 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a new back up configuration to file for safe keeping.

Enjoy. 😉

Message 26 of 42
wuming
Aspirant

Hey!
Please fix the issue with country lock !!!
I see people who experienced troubles with that had bought it overseas!!
Why is that closed option? I have no clue... ((( I need to change the region!
Please devs do that for us!

Message 27 of 42
microchip8
Master

Region is locked to where the device is meant to be sold at. You can't just change as you please.
Message 28 of 42

@microchip8 wrote:
Region is locked to where the device is meant to be sold at. You can't just change as you please.

That depends on where you are. In many countries you can change the region.

We don't know where @wuming is and where they bought their RAX43,

In some countries, especially the USA, it is a legal obligation on the supplier. If Netgear did "fix the issue" it would be breaking the law.

Even then there may be ways around the lock.

Message 29 of 42
wuming
Aspirant

why not? )) cos of global warming?

Message 30 of 42
microchip8
Master

Because of regulations.
Message 31 of 42
wuming
Aspirant

does it really matter where wuming is? how comes?
gimme real reaon why! ))) whats gonna happen my friend?
And why than there is a field bar for choosing a region in the router interface?! )) If you cannot choose...

it sounds f-wierd I can choose my gender but illegal to chose where my rouuter is placed! ??? LOL power of usa-democracy!!! congrats!

if you know the way to help this issue to be fixed please do! 
you may write to me personaly if you mind.

Message 32 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

There are world wide regulations that router mfrs do have to follow in regards of how WiFi is used and supported on products. Each region of the world seems to have there own policies and regulations. Thus router mfrs have to work with in these guidelines and policies if they are working to sell products with in each of these regions. So NG may have separate regional models that even though are the same model in hardware, the FW is limiting and controlling where these routers are marketed. So if you buy a router from the USA where say channels 11 and 12 on 2.4Ghz are not allowed to be used by any wifi router, and you live, say in the EU region where those channels are allowed, then the USA bought unit will not be supportive of these channels since the USA model router was only intended for use in the USA region. For local EU region products, there would be and should be in region products that have these channels enabled for support in the EU region and should only be used with in this region. Again, it's all regulations that router mfrs have to abide by and would not be something that would be put in after the fact. Would cause legal problems for router mfrs if they did this and then would probably no longer be able to market in these areas of the world. Something no mfr wants to deal with or cause problems with. Not else can be done. 

Good Luck. 

Message 33 of 42
nmincone
Aspirant

This just recently happened to a clients router. I tried resetting to factory, got to the screen, spent 1.5hrs resetting everything manually only to have it fault back to the access denied page!

I am not certain the SSL cert is valid from NG either which might also be an issue.

Message 34 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Happening in a different browser? 

Did you reload a saved back up config after the factory reset or manually reset and setup from scratch with out loading any back up config from file? 

@DarrenM 

@nmincone wrote:

This just recently happened to a clients router. I tried resetting to factory, got to the screen, spent 1.5hrs resetting everything manually only to have it fault back to the access denied page!

I am not certain the SSL cert is valid from NG either which might also be an issue.

Message 35 of 42
nmincone
Aspirant

Tried accessing it with Chrome, Firefox and Edge, same redirect result.

In fact just going to the URL the router provides shows the same screen, when I returned home I tried just going to the URL and got a Access Denied page.

Something is not right either in the firmware or the redirect code provided by Netgear servers.

Message 36 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you contact NG support about this and let them know what your experiencing. Seems that even a FR isn't clearing this or it's coming back after a FR:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
Then clicking on "Get answers about NETGEAR products before I buy" then clicking on "Networking for Home" then "Chat with us".

You can downgrade FW back to prior version and see if that stops this.

@DarrenM 

Message 37 of 42
nmincone
Aspirant

Mot

I have contacted support and NG wants to charge me for support for a FW issue that was caused by NG.

I asked a number of times for confirmation of this issue with no reply.

Also, replies from NG support take 2-3 days via email. For each email reply!

I asked if the URL provided during the 'Access Denied" page is resolving correctly on your end and no one there will answer me.

This is obviously a problem. And we're not the only ones experiencing it in this support board you can find additional examples.

I am only happy that out of the 3 routers, only the one with the FM update is  experiencing the no GUI login/access denied problem.

Management has already requested we investigate another mfg going forward.

Not good for either one of us.

Message 38 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Only option to get around that is factory reset and setup from scratch.  Other wise, you'll need to find something else. Any fixes needs to be done by NG. All this is beyond forum help.

Good Luck. 

Message 39 of 42
EverlastingWus8
Aspirant

I was unable to log in to a family member's RAX50v2 that I manage for them after this firmware update. After reading this and some other threads, I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the modem to the router and was then able to access the web settings. Disabled the Protection Engine in Advanced -> Security (was on by default), hit Apply, powered off the router, cabled it back to the modem, powered it back on and was able to access the web settings again without having to factory reset. May not want to leave it like this with Protection Engine off, but seems like the jury is still out about what that does exactly (a Netgear support page says it protects against "certain security attacks," and I'm reading that it might be related to BitDefender)? 

Message 40 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-with-WiFi-6-AX-and/New-RAX41-42-43-50-54-V2-Firmware-Vers...

Do this with the WAN cable disconnected from the ISP modem first. 

@EverlastingWus8 wrote:

I was unable to log in to a family member's RAX50v2 that I manage for them after this firmware update. After reading this and some other threads, I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the modem to the router and was then able to access the web settings. Disabled the Protection Engine in Advanced -> Security (was on by default), hit Apply, powered off the router, cabled it back to the modem, powered it back on and was able to access the web settings again without having to factory reset. May not want to leave it like this with Protection Engine off, but seems like the jury is still out about what that does exactly (a Netgear support page says it protects against "certain security attacks," and I'm reading that it might be related to BitDefender)? 

Message 41 of 42
nmincone
Aspirant

I read your reply early today and took it upon myself to drive to the clients to try this.

Thank you. That worked! We had never thought of disconnecting it from the WAN to prevent Netgear's wonky URL error from reporting back to home base.

Again Netgear fix this!

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7