× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New router issues with Netgear CM1000 modem.

xfire04
Aspirant

New router issues with Netgear CM1000 modem.

I have Cox internet with a Netgear CM1000 modem but have problems with all WiFi 6 routers I have tried and had to return them for locking up or dropping signals.  I have tried both Netgear and Linksys.   I also have a hub plugged in for extra wired devices.  I have 300mbs service,    Any ideas or has anyone else had similar problems?  Cox says signal is great.   I uses the latest firmware all all routers.  

Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

@xfire04 wrote:

I have Cox internet with a Netgear CM1000 modem but have problems with all WiFi 6 routers I have tried and had to return them for locking up or dropping signals.  I have tried both Netgear and Linksys.   I also have a hub plugged in for extra wired devices.-----hopefully going modem------router-----switch? Ortherwise if you're going modem------switch-----router, that'd be your issue.   I have 300mbs service,    Any ideas or has anyone else had similar problems?  Cox says signal is great.------that's their default response. you can log into the cm1000 and get a screen snip of your modem connections page and your logs. These help determine signal stregth/quality. Again, Cox is going to say its fine because otherwise it costs $ for them to send someone out.    I uses the latest firmware all all routers.  

Message 2 of 6
xfire04
Aspirant

How do I log into the CM1000?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

default address is 192.168.100.1

default login is admin

default password is password 

Message 4 of 6

I am having a similar issue.  Purchased a TP Links AX6000 and the modem starting having issue.  Called cable company and they denied issue.  Logged is as said and it did reflect some potential cable issues.  However in an attempt to have reliable service during the week timeframe for them to show up I reinstalled my Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 and the modem returned to working properly. During the time the TP Links was in service I did make sure all components had the latest firmware updates.  How is a router making a modem look like it is losing the cable input?  Also the router worked flawlessly when connected directly to a computer.  Sending the AX6000 back but I do want to upgrade to WiFi 6 but sounds like this modem is unable to handle it.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 5 of 6

Still having issues with this Modem and WiFi 6 routers.  Sent back the AX6000 from TP-Links and had the Netgear AC2300 connected to the CM1000 modem for about 5 days. NO ISSUES.   I had ordered the RAX80 and was waiting for it to arrive.  It arrived today.  Soon after installing it following all the directions, the CM1000 modem started the same issue I had with the TP-Links AX6000.  What is the problem.  I have 250mbs service from RCN cable.  Firmware up to date and no problems with the old AC2300.  Looking to upgrade because we now have over thirty devices connected since we are on a home automation kick during the lock down.  Please help if possible.  I would like to go to WiFi 6.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7