× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX12 Armor available when?

BADMAV
Follower

Nighthawk AX12 Armor available when?

Hi All,

Has anyone heard when the Armor firmware update for the AX12 will be available? I'm in the market for a new WiFi 6 router, and the Nighthawk is amazing to look at, but lacking the security of the Asus routers.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BADMAV, welcome to the community! Thank you for your interest. This is something that is being heavily considered and will surely make for a great feature for the new WiFi 6 routers. We don't have any confirmation yet but we'll let the right team know of this.

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
MIdd79
Initiate

I've owned my RAX-120 for about two months.  It contiunues to impress in speed and coverage, but I agree that is lacks a robust security component in its firmware.

+1 for the request for Netgear Armor.

Message 3 of 5
JLinc
Guide

I agree totally. Considering how expensive this router is, it's a shame that it's missing the same router-level security function of a comparable ASUS router. I recently switched after being a long-time ASUS supporter, but it's definitely a feature I didn't realize I would miss so much after the switch.

I'm still within my return window, and I'm still debating returning this router (even though I've been happy with its performance overall). Hopefully we'll hear an update from Netgear about this (and hopefully it will be free or much more reduced in price than it is for their other lower-tier Armor-supported routers).

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk AX Community, 

Firmware version 1.0.1.122 now supports NETGEAR Armor. Please update your RAX120 to the following firmware version to get started on Armor!

https://kb.netgear.com/000061861/RAX120-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-122

Best,

Christian

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series