× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX6000 ping issue

Tsar_maximilian
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX6000 ping issue

I bought a AX6000 wifi mesh 6 and set it up as instructed with the ap and worked fine. It was placed in a spot that after testing seemed extremely reliable. Over the course of a couple of weeks it has slowly got worse and worse. The issue is as follows. Every day I log into my machine and the router connection is fine. Nothing has moved and nothing has changed in terms of connection or hardware. I then proceed to use the internet during the day via an ethernet connection to the back of the AX6000. However over time the connection gets higher and higher latency to the point it becomes unusable. I then proceed to reset the AX6000 and this immediately fixes the problem. Originally I thought it may be the router the AX6000 is connecting to via wifi but the router has been stable. I flushed the dns to see if that fixed the issue but that also seems to not have fixed it. Can someone offer some advice as to why this is continuelly happening ? The model is only 4 weeks old and has no damage so im lost to why this is happening.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX6000 ping issue

What actual model do you have AX6000 is a speed.

What firmware is on it? 

Message 2 of 3
Tsar_maximilian
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AX6000 ping issue

Hey,

The model is the EAX80 and the firmware im not 100% but ill get back to you on that when I find it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7