× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh extra satellite cost

Popnfresh
Follower

Nighthawk Mesh extra satellite cost

At the end of last year I purchased the 2 pack mesh system for 170ish dollars. It's been amazing on the upper level where all tvs and devices test anywhere between 460 mbps to 550 mbps.

However when I go downstairs, the Xbox only is testing at 60ish mbps. I've thought about purchasing a 2nd satellite but why is that 130$ as a stand alone product? I'd enjoy the peace of mind of having the basement covered well especially since I plan on adding more tvs and game consoles down there but I don't believe this is worth that price point.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh extra satellite cost

It is a bit sad how much extra you pay for just buying a satellite versus buying the whole system with the extra satellites. 

I don't have a good option for you to get extra satellites at a cheaper price. Maybe buying a the satellite system you want and selling your current, but the loss of value by selling a used system probably will ofset the $ you save buy buying the whole system. 

And that system isn't cross compatible with orbi to open up those systems for usage. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7