× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX120 Rebooting

CSPA
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX120 Rebooting

Purchased the expensive RAX120 router. Issue with it constantly rebooting. Went through weeks of “Troubleshooting” and no fix. Netgear issued replacement (RMA) at my shipping costs. Got the replacement setup. Same issue. Constantly rebooting in the middle of tv shows, gaming, downloading. The device is unusable. Bought a different Wi-Fi 6 router from a different manufacturer. Set it up. Zero issues.

Netgear is knowingly selling a defective product and the only solution they offer is for me to pay more in shipping to get another defective product. It’s like stealing people’s money.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX120 Rebooting

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the first 3 characters of the routers serial number please seen on the sticker in back? 

@CSPA wrote:
Purchased the expensive RAX120 router. Issue with it constantly rebooting. Went through weeks of “Troubleshooting” and no fix. Netgear issued replacement (RMA) at my shipping costs. Got the replacement setup. Same issue. Constantly rebooting in the middle of tv shows, gaming, downloading. The device is unusable. Bought a different Wi-Fi 6 router from a different manufacturer. Set it up. Zero issues.

Netgear is knowingly selling a defective product and the only solution they offer is for me to pay more in shipping to get another defective product. It’s like stealing people’s money.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7