× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX45 - Where is the Transmit Power Control after latest firmware update?

uwdj75
Follower

Nighthawk RAX45 - Where is the Transmit Power Control after latest firmware update?

My Nighthawk RAX45 router is updated to firmware version V1.0.11.112_2.0.77.

I cannot find the Transmit Power Control anywhere. Did Netgear remove that option from the firmware? (It used to be on the Wireless Settings page.)

While watching TV I normally sit about 2 feet from the router, so I would set the Transmit Power to 25%.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk RAX45 - Where is the Transmit Power Control after latest firmware update?

Transmit power is fixed as per FCC demands. I guess that's why NG removed it. To comply.
Message 2 of 5

回复: Nighthawk RAX45 - Where is the Transmit Power Control after latest firmware update?

Transmit Power Control was removed from v1.0.11.112.

Message 3 of 5
tallpeak
Aspirant

回复: Nighthawk RAX45 - Where is the Transmit Power Control after latest firmware update?

Then the UI should show the current setting, 25% (where I left it) or 100% (if forced to that new value by the firmware update), grayed-out to indicate that I cannot change the transmit power anymore. Removing the functionality while hiding the fact that it was removed was confusing! (Is it at 25% now, where I left it? I'm only getting 2 out of 5 bars, 30 feet away...and it works okay I guess, but I lose packets sometimes; it might work better at 50%, or do I need to move the router closer?)

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

More then likely the power is at 100% after you did the FW update. To ensure this, do a factory reset and setup from scratch. The UI should read 100% or grayed out or no longer appearing in the UI. 

@tallpeak wrote:

Then the UI should show the current setting, 25% (where I left it) or 100% (if forced to that new value by the firmware update), grayed-out to indicate that I cannot change the transmit power anymore. Removing the functionality while hiding the fact that it was removed was confusing! (Is it at 25% now, where I left it? I'm only getting 2 out of 5 bars, 30 feet away...and it works okay I guess, but I lose packets sometimes; it might work better at 50%, or do I need to move the router closer?)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7