× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX50 Region not changeable - now what?

tlarm
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX50 Region not changeable - now what?

I purchased this router new from Walmart in the U.S. The country region is set to China and I am unable to change it. I've tried the telenet route with no success. My question is should I return the router or just use it as is? It seems to work fine but seems like maybe I'm using unauthorized channels for the U.S. The channels I have available are 36,40,44,48, 52DFS, 56DFS, 60DFS and 64DFS.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

@tlarm wrote:

I purchased this router new from Walmart in the U.S. The country region is set to China and I am unable to change it. I've tried the telenet route with no success. My question is should I return the router or just use it as is? It seems to work fine but seems like maybe I'm using unauthorized channels for the U.S. The channels I have available are 36,40,44,48, 52DFS, 56DFS, 60DFS and 64DFS.

Recommend you return the item to the vendor.  Wi-Fi channels are only one issue.  Problems can develop down the road when it comes to updating firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@tlarm wrote:

Recommend you return the item to the vendor.  Wi-Fi channels are only one issue.  Problems can develop down the road when it comes to updating firmware.

Message 2 of 3
tlarm
Aspirant

Ok thank you. I just did. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7