× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAXE500 and printers

wostamper
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAXE500 and printers

Greetings, apologies if this is covered in another thread.  I have a basic question. My nighthawk raxe500 is using DHCP. I successfully added a HP LJ-1320NW printer to the network by resetting to the factory settings and then adding a new printer. The network sees it, I can print a test page, etc., etc.

But if the network router is restarted, the printer is offline. I'm assuming this is because the printer was assigned IP addresses (x) when I set it up, and when the network restarted it received a new IP address.

So the question is: if I want to keep using DHCP, will an address reservation (Advanced - Setup - LAN Setup) do the trick? Reserving the same address for the printer each time should do it... yes?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAXE500 and printers

I usually just use the address reservation feature. Its worked great for me

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

Or set a smaller DHCP IP address range on the router and then set a STATIC IP address on the printer, say to .13 thats outside of the smaller DHCP IP address range. Something I do for my HP Printers. 

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

I usually just use the address reservation feature. Its worked great for me

Message 3 of 5
wostamper
Aspirant

Thanks all - I did the reserved address and it seems to work well now.

Much appreciated!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7