× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk rax48 will not send out internet connection

Alex_A25
Aspirant

Nighthawk rax48 will not send out internet connection

I have tried all known solutions besides a factory reset of my router and I still cannot get wifi. I have the Nighthawk RAX48 AX5200-6-Stream Wifi Router (bought 2 years ago). I have attempted all types of resets: unplugging, reset button on back, new Ethernet cords, new coax cord to my Netgear Modem (CM1000v2), etc. My ISP is xfinity, and there are no connectivity issues on their end. All lights on my modem are perfect, the internet light on my router remains steady red. My firmware is up to date, I have tried fixing the problem through routerlogin.net, Nighthawk app, etc. and still no luck. Does anyone have a solution, or do I need to try a factory reset and/or buy a new router?
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk rax48 will not send out internet connection

Try the factory reset. Tends to be quick/easy. 

Are you able to log into the router? 

Try its ip address

Message 2 of 8
Alex_A25
Aspirant

Factory reset did not work. Continuously says internet not connected.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Can you access the modem using its ip address?

got a screensnip of its cable connections page and event logs?

Message 4 of 8
Alex_A25
Aspirant

I do not know how to do that. I do not have a computer with an Ethernet port if that involves trying to connect a device directly to the modem.

Side note - I tried using my old modem as well last night after realizing this wasn’t working and it still failed to find an internet connection.
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

You can also log into the router and check the wan port statistics to see if its getting a connection. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Message 7 of 8
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Alex_A25 ,

Can we know what's version for nighthawk App ?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7